Thursday, October 21, 2004

Welcome to quid scio?

Welcome to quid scio?

I have created this blog as a way for us to "think out loud" about the challenge of post-modernism and promoting spiritual formation at Scio in this emerging context. I think this medium could be a good way for us to interact further about the matters we discuss at the board meetings.

Although this blog does not currently appear in Blogger's listings, it is public, so no confidential information should be discussed here.

About the name: "Quid scio?" is Latin for "What do I know?"

1 Comments:

At 10/29/2004 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've known (ha!) for some time that "Scio" means "I know". I don't know where I first learned that, probably in Latin class in high school. The same root appears in "science".

When I was thinking of creating this blog, I wanted a punny name relating to the church. I came up with "quid scio?" and confirmed with a Latin teachers' mailing list that it was correct.

It means "What do I know?" in the sincere sense, not the ironic/sarcastic way that English expression is sometimes used.

 

<< Home