I think that there is a range of sizes which allow for practical and effective community and mission, from a critical mass threshhold at the low end to a boundary at the high end above which the group will have grown too large.
I also think that who the families involved are will affect those "too small"/"too big" threshholds. It might be very possible to have an effective group with 4 families, if they are committed to the vision, whereas 6 families might be too few if the majority are reluctant.
So I think it's wise to remain vigilant to the dynamics of each group, and notice when size is becoming an issue one way or the other, but I don't think it's possible to establish a consistent guideline in the abstract.
1 Comments:
I think that there is a range of sizes which allow for practical and effective community and mission, from a critical mass threshhold at the low end to a boundary at the high end above which the group will have grown too large.
I also think that who the families involved are will affect those "too small"/"too big" threshholds. It might be very possible to have an effective group with 4 families, if they are committed to the vision, whereas 6 families might be too few if the majority are reluctant.
So I think it's wise to remain vigilant to the dynamics of each group, and notice when size is becoming an issue one way or the other, but I don't think it's possible to establish a consistent guideline in the abstract.
<< Home