Facetious comments were made about wasting time on nomenclature, but I think that what we call these groups will have some impact on people's understanding that they are fundamentally a different thing than the mini-churches were.
Which is unfortunate, since "mini-church" is a pretty good name.
I think the only Scriptural term that fits the role of these groups is (house) church. But that doesn't seem quite suitable.
Here are some possible names. Some are better than others, some are definitely not suitable, but I'm just trying to stir the pot in a brainstorming kind of way. * Ministry fellowships * Mission communities * Neighborhood teams * Ekklesia (Gk. for "church") * Outposts * Confraternities * Limbs (like the limbs of a body :) * Churchoids * Church shuffles
2 Comments:
Facetious comments were made about wasting time on nomenclature, but I think that what we call these groups will have some impact on people's understanding that they are fundamentally a different thing than the mini-churches were.
Which is unfortunate, since "mini-church" is a pretty good name.
I think the only Scriptural term that fits the role of these groups is (house) church. But that doesn't seem quite suitable.
Here are some possible names. Some are better than others, some are definitely not suitable, but I'm just trying to stir the pot in a brainstorming kind of way.
* Ministry fellowships
* Mission communities
* Neighborhood teams
* Ekklesia (Gk. for "church")
* Outposts
* Confraternities
* Limbs (like the limbs of a body :)
* Churchoids
* Church shuffles
<< Home